Friday, February 9, 2007

If you must have motivation, think of your paycheck on Friday...

...yes, this is how I have felt this week at work. This might be the first week here at my job that I've spent the majority of the week ACTUALLY working, this is truly sad. I love the IT jobs that there isn't much to do, and you can sit back, relax, and collect cash money. Sadly, this week was not one of those weeks, as we saw by the lack of updates during the second half of this week. Naturally having new images for people, restricting their rights and the like has raised the anger of some of these "customers". Personally, I could give a fuck less, fuck em, they haven't earned the right to have Spider Solitaire or iTunes on their machines. There is a handful of people in this office that I would trust with their computers, but when I say handful I truly mean only one hand.

I must say that last night's episode of Supernatural may have been one of the best I have seen since the series began. Sam proved he can act beyond the land of emoville, he can get downright...scary. Hell, at one point I thought he would be a beautiful choice to play Harvey Dent/Two-Face. You really saw it this episode, such a lovely job of television. It's episodes like that that make me disgusted by award shows like the Emmys. I've watched some of their "best" shows, and they're garbage. While better shows are left to fend for themselves, just because they're not on one of the major networks or a subscription channel.

A few quick blog links to go check out
Reason Blog has a great blog about the geniuses up in Washington and their fight against Washington's Supreme Court ruling on marriage. Kiki gives you a great description of a conversation about this topic, very amusing.

Glenn Greenwald has a great piece up about the Edwards' bloggers and how the blogooshpere has changed the political and news landscape.

I could speak on the news of the first openly gay former NBA player, even if I've never heard of the guy and I'm pretty up sports. I could speak of of Anna Nicole Smith's death, but that link pretty much sums it up. Hell, Bam Bam Bigelow just died, a legend in his own right. A man who was more respected around the world then that blonde bimbo, and his death was never mentioned. She dies, and the world stopped spinning, we had to blow up a nuke in the Earth's core just to get it spinning again...wait...that was the premise of The Core, one of the worst movies ever made.

Actually, even though this was a week I could have done without (save for 24, Heroes, Supernatural and the return of Lost) karma did reward me yesterday. Not only did my new Canon GL2 arrive, the tripod arrived and Anita's roommate must have been home yesterday as all my new computer parts were successfully delivered as well. So tomorrow afternoon I will spend it building my new Batcave computer, any suggestions for naming this sucker?

This weekend will be quiet, mainly because next weekend Anita will be taking to NYC for the first time in my life. Yes, I've driven through it, landed at the airport and all, but I have never spent time in NYC itself. We're going as my gift for Valentine's Day, and we're going for the last NYC showing of AWESOMENESS. I am so excited for that words cannot express how excited...almost to the point of singing, but not quite. So, for your viewing pleasure...
Evil Dead the Musical: TV commercial



Add to My Profile

1 comment:

SayHey Kid said...

I dont even think Owen Hart got much recognition when he died either. Hell, I didnt even know Rick Rude died until you told me.

Enjoy NY man......Its simply the greatest city in the world!