Monday, February 5, 2007

Super Sunday...

Super Bowl Sunday, a National holiday for the majority of the USA, and sadly I had to watch Peyton Manning win a ring...god I hate that douche bag. Yes, I was cheering for the Bears, despite the repugnant nature of their fans during the NFC Championship game. Add Peyton Manning with a coach I respect for his abilities but not his beliefs (hardcore Christian, very anti-gay) and you have a team I can easily cheer against. It was a decent enough game until the fourth quarter when Rex Grossman remembered he was...Rex Grossman. Of course Devin Hester returned the opening kickoff, he's a Hurricane back in Miami, and it naturally made sense. A part of me is still shocked Manning was able to beat a Florida QB in Florida though.

Commercials were decent enough, with Bud Light and CareerBuilder.com as the front runners for the funniest commercials. Bud Light threw a perfect game, and I loved the gladiator office, sounds way to fun to me. Yes, I want to do a gladiator office in this place, could alleviate many things in my head. It was also nice to see Carlos Mencia get introduced to the national audience, he deserves to get very well known, damn funny comedian.

I know many are talking about how awesome Prince was, and I sure he was, but I was outside smoking a clove and didn't really hear any of it. Though I'm sure there was no music from Batman and so naturally I'm disappointed. I understand wearing the Dolphins colors because you're in Miami, other then that I have no idea why he wore what he wore. I mean, was he afraid of getting hit in the dark by a car?

On a side note, I understand that the NFL doesn't want to play the Super Bowl in any stadium where weather may be a factor, but does that matter any more? I mean yesterday's game was played in a monsoon, why can't they play in a blizzard in Green Bay? I think the Super Bowl should rotate to every NFL stadium, it’s only fair. It helps generate revenue for cities that don't have the usually large tourist base, which places like Miami and San Diego already have. I would love to see San Diego vs. Tampa Bay in Buffalo with snow falling six feet deep. Also, lower your ticket prices so that the real fans can actually afford to go to the Super Bowl. Yesterday was ridiculous; the Super Bowl should not be so empty that it looked like a Dolphins home game.

Anita and I went and saw The Messengers on Friday night, and as entertaining as it was we couldn't shake the feeling that we had seen it before. Was it the smoking man from the X-Files? No, that wasn't it...perhaps the leading man from My Big Fat Greek Wedding? Still, just not quite close enough...oh I know what it was! It was the fact that the movie could have been called The Grudge: North Dakota. Decent movie and all, we enjoyed it, but it was still The Grudge: North Dakota.

No comments: