Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Shamrock Fest 2007

I would like to formally warn everyone right now for what I am about to write here in the Asylum. You see I spent the majority of this morning, when not catching up with other blogs and doing work, watching Brian Pillman promos from ECW. If any of you know pro wrestling what so ever and know what Pillman was like during that time you can get a kind of handle of what state my mind is currently. So I wish to apologize to anyone who I may offend with this post in which I will execute my Constitutional Rights on.

Shamrock Fest, a day long affair of bands, beer, good food and good friends. This is true for the most part there was plenty of bands, beer, food and good friends to be had last Saturday afternoon. Overall I had a more enjoyable time, and I think it was wise for them to have moved the event to the RFK parking lot/tailgating area. It was helpful for me to show my people where we tailgate on a regular basis so they know where to find us on April 3rd, that is if they remember. I was sad that I was not able to get to the location do to the DC 101 Stage 2 being in the way, but hey those are the fuckin breaks aren't they.

I enjoyed myself immensely when it came to spending time with Anita, S-tna and her new man DeezNatz. We were joined by other friends who came and went as they pleased for the most part, but the four of us were together for the most part. Of course leave it to yours truly to find the one group of Browns fans in the entire place. I overheard someone say something about Cleveland, inquired about it, and the next thing you know we were chanting here we go brownies here we go. Of course all you Redskins fans can kiss our collective asses. Yes, we were chanting for our football team outside of RFK. Yes, we were chanting for our football team in fucking March and yes we were chanting for our team without the prompting of Redskin Cheerleaders and a band playing your tired ass fight song. Why, cause as the gods are my witness we are the best god damn fans this planet has ever fucking seen.

Now I did post that there would be such bitching about Shamrock Fest and I will be a man of my word. Hell, I would hate to be called a liar and then have to go on rant about being called a liar when I wasn't lying in the first place. The issue I had was not the folks who wanted to be Irish for a day, the Notre Dame jackasses who thought it was safe to wear their gear (I was sporting my Oakland Athletic gear for the record), or the teens who kept trying to get people to buy them beer. No, my problem specifically was the beer itself and the alleged prices you were charging.

Why in the fuck is Bud Light, or shall we call it piss water cause that's what it is. Hell, my piss on a drinking day probably has more alcohol percentage in it then Bud Light. I digress, Bud Light is the only beer your serving. I understand they are a sponsor, but you were selling Red Hook in the VIP section. Oh, a special thanks to Old Man J for retrieving me a Red Hook so I had an actual beer to drink during the day. Hell, I may even understand it being only one beer to quicken the beer lines, but at least give us some other option, is this not America?

The second issue on this debacle is the god damn beer prices you charged us. FIVE FUCKING DOLLARS FOR A GOD DAMN BUD LIGHT?! What in the sam hell were you thinking? First, you give us piss water, then charge more for one cup then the price of a six pack? It is seriously FUBAR that you force me to drink that drivel, but then to rape my very soul for five bucks a cup? If there was some way to charge you with felony robbery by god I would do my damnedest to do that. Fuck you Shamrock Fest, fuck you for polluting my body with that garbage.

Other then that one exception it was a wonderful day, hell it was a fucking beautiful day out at the Shamrock Fest. A special shout out goes to the parents by Stage Two whose child had a Mohawk at the age of two or so, the kid was fucking money. A big props to Collins and all our Cleveland Cliq for pimping our team amidst other folks who could give two shits about football right now. Finally to my baby Anita who took care of me at the end of the night when the headache I had all day turned into road work inside my skull when we got home.

4 comments:

Kathleen... said...

Beautiful. And I agree...on a flight the other day (after learning they couldn't make a mimosa for me) I opted for an Amstel Light. Had never tried one, but thought, "Hell, if I'm paying $5 for a warm beer in the air, I'm sure as hell not buying a Bud Light!" That was the other option. D*mn....

Anonymous said...

VIP tickets were the key. Spent the $80(minus the $15 that general admission would have cost) and it cost me $65 for 8 hours of drinking, the VIP areas, mugs, etc. Was definitely the way to go.

Anonymous said...

Nice fill someone in on and this post helped me alot in my college assignement. Thank you for your information.

Anonymous said...

Opulently I acquiesce in but I dream the list inform should have more info then it has.