Monday, April 23, 2007

Tis The Season

That's right ladies and gentlemen, today is Opening Day for DC Potomac. After a year that saw the Pirates get robbed in the playoffs only to go and win the fall trophy we begin once again to finally capture our first spring crown. As a matter of fact, I forgot to give everyone the link to my pre-season GMOT that I put out last week. I highly suggest going to my column and watching my video, one that will change each week with a different homage. For Week One I have given much thought about who to do and I think I might have to do some thinkin thinkin thinkin and go back to the top of the mountain...yeah...

Excuse me for a moment...customer on the phone, she's broken something far away...sigh...

Yeah, that was fun now where was I, oh yes politics politics politics. Wait, no, I got that from History of the World Part One that introduced Anita to over this weekend. Speaking of this last weekend and movies, I highly recommend Hot Fuzz to everyone who enjoyed Shaun of the Dead. I love the fact that their parodies are merely homages to certain films and not straight parodies. Hollywood forgot how to do parodies around the time they stopped making the Airplane movies. I personally have a deep love for Point Break in for my stupid movie to love category and it was hilarious to see it in this movie.

Nick Frost and Simon Pegg are as always beautiful together with Pegg being even more of a straight man in this movie. I can assume that these three (with director Edgar Wright) could make movies until we all are dust and they would never bore or cease to amuse me. Wow...Cate Blanchette and Peter Jackson made uncredited cameos, which you would never know because their faces were covered. I figured the lady Cate played was the GF from Shaun, wow I was WAY off.

Sorry updates have been sporadic, been dealing with being engaged and everything that is involved since we live in a very busy community in the sense that we have to book the place NOW for this time next year, pure insanity. Not sure if more will come today or not but who knows, we'll see.

No comments: