Monday, April 9, 2007

Zombie Celebration Weekend


...or perhaps Vampire, it's not too clear at what time of the day Jesus rose from the dead. It's possible, even at night, he was a zombie, but they don't mention any hunger for brains so that leads one to think Vampire. Then again he could have been inflicting harm on himself to push away those brain hungers like Julie Walker did. Interesting side note, my Uncle is a baptist pastor back home and decided to dress up as the Centurion who speared Christ for his sermon yesterday. I couldn't help but think that I too wanted to do the very same thing, but probably for very different reasons.

Today is also different anniversary, a day many Southerners will decide to get completely plastered...if they have passed a fifth grade education. Yes today is the day General Robert E Lee surrendered to the Army of Northern Virginia at Appomattox. So those educated Southerners who still believe that the South will rise again will curse and drink tonight.

So yes sickness, Sunday dinner and The Grindhouse, which apparently many would like to hear about. Well the sickness is ongoing, it may have turned from bronchitis into a cold which is leaving me congested and nauseous. I am hoping by Weds to be feeling much better, but at this point I'm no longer crossing my fingers. It will happen when my body finally keeps the crap out of this. I don't get sick often so when I do it sucks and I way too much of a baby that even I can stand.

Sunday dinner was enjoyable with discussions of zombie Apocalypse preparations between some of us and some interesting discussions as to find a solidified location like the Pentagon or go to the backwoods of the Appalachians. For the record I said Pentagon due to it having: its own power source, food, water, only three entrances which are already reinforced, reinforced windows, weapons, and plenty of room so one can not suffer cabin fever. I understand the desire to get away from as many folks as possible, but where I live and work to attempt to get out of the DC area would be suicide at the start and as such I elect the Pentagon. The weapon discussion was quite interesting, I do prefer my LOBO though to any other weapon for its versatility. As for the interesting events that could have taken place...they didn't. They arrived late while the Catholics were watching the Masters and sat far apart from each other, probably for the best.

The thing I hate most about being sick is the loss of appetite.

Grindhouse, what a fabulous fucking movie. I know some may not "understand" it but let me do my best to explain. A grindhouse was a place that showed exploitation films for the most part. This film recreates that feeling, where it is a double feature along with trailers for other such films. I personally want a sequel made consisting of Machete and Werewolf Women of the SS directed by Rob Zombie. Everything you expected at a Grindhouse you received during this movie. This very well may be the epitome of both of their works in which the majority of their movies are a nod to something older, this is the outright best of what they have done.

Well today wouldn't be complete without some form of politics that make you want to vomit. Then again, if you ever NEED to vomit but can't seem to bring yourself to, watch five minutes of Glenn Beck. I actually take personal offense that he calls himself a Libertarian, what a crock of bullshit. Folks Libertarian is not defined as Republicans who are at the whim of the religious right. Hell, do these so called Republican Libertarians realize one of the main tenets of Libertarian beliefs is freedom of drugs? I swear, some people have balls to call themselves things these days. Now if only the Democratic Party had some balls...ah if only dreams came true.

No comments: