Friday, May 4, 2007

I love me some sci-fi...


EW has posted their Top 25 SCI-FI Movies and TV shows of the last twenty five years. To say that I have issues with this list would be an extreme understatement. This list is an abomination, with shows and movies being listed which are not even remotely sci-fi. I'm sorry, I don't care how much I love Lost, Heroes and Eternal Sunshine but those are not Sci-Fi shows. The only thing we agreed on was V being number 25, other then that I think this person needs to expand their viewing of sci-fi if they're going to write a column. The following is my top twenty five, I'd write why, but I have to do my Spidey review.

25. V The Mini-Series
24. Starship Troopers
23. Millennium
22. Pitch Black
21. Andromeda
20. Event Horizon
19. ET
18. Blade Runner
17. Total Recall
16. Fire In The Sky
15. They Live
14. Quantum Leap
13. Stargate SG1
12. The Matrix
11. Battlestar Galatica
10. Dr. Who
9. Star Trek: The Next Generation
8. The Thing
7. Firefly/Serenity
6. Back To The Future Trilogy
5. The Terminator 1&2
4. Aliens
3. Star Trek Movies 2 & 4 (Khan and Voyage Home)
2. The X-Files
1. Farscape

1 comment:

Reel Fanatic said...

Great list .. it's nice to see both Firefly and Serenity get some love, but what about Buffy? I suppose that one's as much fantasy as sci-fi, but it's still one of my all-time faves