Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Ten on Tuesday

10 Songs That Make You Cry

This is an interesting list as I didn't think I could fill it but then I remembered that I could. I will not only list the songs, but where they come from in relation to when they first made me cry.

10. Last Kiss-Pearl Jam-No where really, and this one doesn't really make me cry it's just very sad to me.

9.Everywhere-Tim McGraw-It made me cry once due to my first really bad break up, and it was how I felt about it at the time.

8.Questions In A World of Blue-Juliee Cruise-An absolutely beautiful song in Twin Peaks:Fire Walk With Me. First time I saw it, I think the song plus seeing Laura Palmer crying got me.

7.If I Had Only Known-Reba McEntire-The first of the two songs from 8 Seconds that just rip your ever loving heart right out.

6.It's Your Song-Garth Brooks-Just listening to this song on the live album and the passion behind it you break down when he breaks down.

5.Wild Horses-The Sundays-I know what some of you are thinking and yes, this is from the Buffy Prom episode when Angel walks in for that perfect prom moment. Yeah, I know, sue me I fucking loved that show.

4.Full of Grace-Sarah McLachlan-Once again we have Buffy, the song that is played right after she has saved the world by putting a sword in the gut of the man she loves.

3.Once In A While-Billy Dean-Our second entry from 8 Seconds, just thinking about the song right now is making me teary eyed. Jesus does this song get to me.

2.Sgt McKenzie-Clann An Drumma-Mind you that Clann An Drumma is my favorite band ever, but most of you know this song from the movie We Were Soldiers as they fly into the first battle.

1.Amazing Grace-Bagpipes-I won't lie to you people, this is also the song that caused me to cry at the movie for the first time. Say it with me, Star Trek II:The Wrath of Khan, Spock's funeral.

1 comment:

Patois42 said...

"Amazing Grace" -- it's on my list and one other's (so far that I've seen). I love your explanations for why the songs tug at you!