Monday, February 12, 2007

Meanwhile, back in the Batcave...

It was a very interesting weekend a humble Shane Manor over the weekend. I met Anita at Best Buy after work because I thought we could pick up a movie for the night. A nice, solid plan for a Friday night; a night that we had no desire to go out. I enter into Best Buy and go to the movie section, where we agreed to meet at, and alas she is nowhere to be found. I then see her walking up from the TV section with a grin as if she just stole a child's giant lollipop.

You see we had been using her roommate's old TV in her room ever since she moved to Maryland. Tired of the ten year old set, and the fact that she hadn't spent much money as of yet, she elected to buy a new TV for her bedroom. Sadly she would not go with my suggestion of a tiny 30" HD TV, though we did go with the 20" Flat Screen. Now mind you it has already been decided that after we marry next year the first order of business is buying a big screen TV, yes I do get wet just thinking about that. She wanted a preview of what to expect and thought it might be the very nice 50" she saw. I had to educate her what a 62" is and how beautiful it is, the glory of it, something you could sacrifice a child to, truly something to worship.

After picking up that, Accepted (great movie if you've never seen it), my anniversary present to her (The Lost Boys DVD) and Law and Order:SVU Season One we headed home. Yes, I realize there is likely never a time we could turn on the TV and NOT find a Law and Order, we really like SVU and usually watch it before we go to sleep at night so it merely made sense.

Now the big event of the weekend was the creation of the new Bat-computer. About a month ago my old computer decided to implode while I attempted to render the October show for DVD Creation. As such I had to create myself a new computer from scratch, with the help of my friend JM. It is now built, almost brought up to where it was prior and so so pretty. It will really help with my DVD creation, and with it I bought a new 22" screen which I love like my own son.

Nothing much else happened over the weekend other then my Frankenstein creation; complete with Superman keyboard and mouse because...well I'm THAT guy apparently.

I love the fact that Rep. Anthony Weiner is such a dick to the worst Rep in the US...proves that at least a few Dems in Congress have a pair...

1 comment:

SayHey Kid said...

Anthony Weiner now joins Jim Webb as my new political heros!