Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Glenn Greenwald Chimes In

Over at Salon Glenn Greenwald has chimed in in regards to reporting today. Though this article is mainly about some reporters ties to the White House, The Drudge Report, and how many of them are now just the administration's unofficial publicists. If I had time I'd look to find what HST wrote on this very subject, and I'm pretty sure he did in his book about the 72 elections. It more or less was reminiscent of 1984 and that the moment that reporters get into bed with politicians we will never hear the real truth again. I think Mr. Greenwald sums up it how I feel, specially here in DC with the following:

There are good journalists in this country, including many who work inside the Beltway. The only reason we know about things like CIA black sites and NSA warrantless eavesdropping and domestic surveillance data bases and Walter Reed neglect is because good journalists (with the indispensable aid of whistleblowers) did their job, uncovered government wrongdoing, and then documented and reported it. Those all-too-rare examples of good reporting underscore how much our country needs real adversarial journalism.


On a separate note my co-worker and I have determined a remake of Hot For Teacher needs to be done but it should be titled Teachers Hot For Me.

No comments: