Friday, March 30, 2007

Road Trip

Tonight Anita and I will be embarking on our first super long road trip which may or may not be called the Griswold's Journey Into The Heart Of Darkness...or The South. Now I can only hope that it will be free of spontaneous combustion but one can never guess what new things the South has discovered in warfare.

To answer questions, we are taking Anita's car down to Houston so she has a car down there during her Summer Associateship. It also saves us from driving it down there when we move there next spring so this may be the earliest anyone has every moved anything in preparation for a move. Luckily her parents live in Houston and the car will be at their place until we move in.

According to Google the trip is going to take approx. 21 hours or so, though we are leaving around midnight tonight and attempting a straight shot right to Houston. We will go through six states before we reach Texas, and one I will not step foot in. Yes, I promised myself that I would NEVER EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEVER step foot in Georgia again if I could help it. I won't either, we're only in Georgia for about 17 miles or so and I've already warned Anita that we're not stopping in the state under any circumstances. Let me be frank so you don't misunderstand my words, if I step foot in Georgia I am likely to attempt to finish the job Sherman started in the Civil War.

The great news is after our successful trip to NYC, we are doing AudioBooks again. The Stephen King short story collection really helped time go by during that trip and we hope it works for this trip as well. Not the Stephen King part, just the Audiobooks. For this trip she has selected a book she has been reading, The Historian which she raves about. I however have selected a classic that actually lasts longer then the trip. I will let you guess and the clue is that she will understand now when I say the following:

I must not fear.
Fear is the mind-killer.
Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.

On a different note this just tickles my Scottish heritage so. St. George's Day, poop, the English, I can't wait until the Irish catch wind up this and begin buying these by the thousands if not millions.

No comments: