Wednesday, March 14, 2007

A trained ape could not teach gym

Yesterday I decided to stop wasting an insane amount of money every week and start to go back to the gym. Now it would be fair to say that the upcoming softball and kickball seasons due have a good deal to do with this. (Music break...MORRIS DAY AND THE TIME JUNGLE LOVE!!! OHEOHEOH) Of course I believe the biggest part of me getting back in the gym would be my fat ass. Well, not percisley my ass but this thing that seems to be protruding where my stomach used to be.

Once I got over 200 pounds I began to get a gut, it's just the way my genetics works judging by my family members. Well, I'm far above 200 pounds at this point and need to reduce this quickly. I cannot stand being this fat anymore and as such I am going back to the gym on a regular basis. Luckily I do know what I have to do to lose weight, gain strength and the like, it's just a matter of me not being so god damn lazy.

A weird thing did occur my first day back at the gym however. I walked into the Men's locker room and in the lil waiting area type deal this man was standing almost nose to nose with the elevated television. He had nothing but a towel around his neck and thankfully one around his waist. He was probably in his 40s, bald, hand on the televsion changing channels. I changed, worked out, and came back in to the locker room...but time must have stopped. You see, this man was still in front of the television, changing channels, towel outfit, actually I don't know if he had moved in over an hour. To say the least it was a bit disturbing, I wonder if he'll still be there when I show up tonight...

No comments: