Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Ten on Tuesday

10 Idols/Heroes When You Were a Kid

10.Indiana Jones-Cool, brash, and he had a whip. He fought Nazis and chased all around the world looking for historical artifacts, ya damn right.
9.Ryan Sandberg-My favorite baseball player who was not a member of the Oakland A's. In my opinion the best 2nd baseman ever to play the game.
8.Mike Singletary-The best middle linebacker of the 80s, maybe of the last thirty years, he drew to me because he was an cerebral linebacker who studied and relied more on his intelligence then his athletic gifts.
7.Dave Stewart-The ace pitcher for the Oakland A's I was absolutely obsessed with his fork ball, still am.
6.Bernie Kosar-Ask a Browns fan when the change into contender came about and many would say it was when we drafted Bernie. I mean, it's Bernie, he is still treated like a God by Browns fans.
5.Rickey Henderson-How can I say anything that tops what he all told us when he broke the stolen base record?
4.Ronnie Lott-Without a doubt still my favorite football player of all time. Damn, could that man hit, and toughness? There may have been few who were tougher then Ronnie Lott.
3.The Nature Boy Ric Flair-Simply put, the greatest of all time. What little kid didn't want to be a wheelin dealin, jet flying, Limousin ridin, kiss stealin son of a gun...even if we had no idea what it meant at the time.
2.General George Patton-I grew up listening to the opening speech from the movie Patton, hell I may be able to quote you it now. Greatest American general of all time, he ends WWII if he was in charge at least a year early.
1.Admiral James T. Kirk-Come on, he had his own spaceship, defeated Khan, went back in time to save the whales and found time to woo alien ladies from all over the galaxy, can you spell Pimp any other way?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, Captain Kirk is on my list too! :)

Valtool said...

Nice to see another manly list (although I have Barry Manilow on mine, the reasoning is explained). Will you accept Mike Schmidt as the greatest 3rd baseman of all time?

Spinning Girl said...

What a fabu post! I want to be a kid again.