Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Punisher 2 News

I think I was one of a few people who enjoyed The Punisher from the comic book community. I think it was brilliant, money wise and story wise, to move the location to Florida. The crime bosses down there are still as vicious as they have ever been and brings a bit of reality to the story. Plus not every Marvel movie can be set in New York City can it?

I didn't know much of Thomas Jane before the movie, I knew him from Deep Blue Sea but other then that nothing sprung to mind. See I have always been in the camp of Henry Rollins needs to play The Punisher. Myself and many others believes he is a dead on ringer for our favorite vigilante. That being said I LOVED what Thomas Jane did with the character and I believed in it, I really really enjoyed the flick.

Ever since then he has been the biggest supporter of The Punisher 2. He has always been involved in the direction of this film and was trying desperately to get this film made. Well, apparently that is all over.
What I won't do is spend months of my life sweating over a movie that I just don't believe in. I've always loved the Marvel guys, and wish them well. Meanwhile, I'll continue to search for a film that one day might stand with all those films that the fans have asked me to watch.
The stinks of someone who really doesn't know shit from shinola messing with the script and going away from the source material that the fans and Jane love. He has been a die hard fan of the fans and wanted to do this right. Him pulling out of the picture tells me they're working on an abomination, and no I'm not talking about the Hulk 2 villain.

No comments: