Friday, February 16, 2007

Weekend of Geekdom

My apologies to the lack of updates yesterday, but since the Federal Government was open with Unscheduled Leave Anita and I decided to take advantage of the situation and stayed home. Well, we stayed home during the morning. After that I needed to take care of a few items before we left for NYC tomorrow morning. You know typical things like bank, haircut, Best Buy, you know the deal. The good thing is I did manage to get a hold of my cousin who lives in NYC and I should get to see him too, which will be nice, it's been a few years since I've seen him. This is sad since we are the only two members of the family who currently don't reside in California let alone on the East Coast.

Now some of you may be asking yourself, why is this the weekend of Geekdom? Well, if you couldn't tell from the poster, we are attending Evil Dead The Musical. Not just Evil Dead the musical, not just the splatter zone (which we're smack dab in the middle of), but also the FINAL EDTM show in NYC. This was not announced until AFTER we bought our tickets to the show, so lucky us. Who knows, maybe a certain chin that could kill might be in attendance, here's to hoping.

Along with that we are going to not only Off-Broadway but also Broadway for a show. During work today I decided to look up some shows and see what I could find for Anita and I. Wicked, all sold out even the Premium Seating. Phantom, nose bleeds or Premium but there's a chance we'd be late to EDTM. Avenue Q, available with a guarantee almost of no children. Forbidden Broadway, not Broadway but rumored to be hilarious. Then I decided to give Spamalot a chance and...BAM! So Sunday night we will be dancing with the Knights of the Round Table, and Patsy.

My first trip to NYC and I get to see the two shows I want to see most of all, I'm quite proud of our accomplishments. I'm also going to the clothing store I've wanted to go to for years (Trash and Vaudeville) and maybe even spit on Yankee Stadium, we'll see if there's time.

Add all of that on to the fact we have a free show tonight in Essex, which I have to fight traffic to get to, and we have a very busy next few days.

1 comment:

Mike said...

Trash & Vaudville! On St. Marks Place. Man, I haven't been there in YEARS! I bought a pair of Docs there back in 1992 I'd guess it was.

Fun store. You live in DC, I gather from this post?