Thursday, March 8, 2007

Live From C-SPAN 6

I have a new cup of coffee, 3 pieces of Hershey Special Dark, a Krackle, tiny starburst and a small pack of Nerds. We're back from our first break, an hour and a half from a Free Pizza Lunch, maybe something interesting will happen but no promises.

10:28-There are a few dogs and cats out there being cleaned up by the government. I don't know if that is lingo, but definitely not something I expected to hear today. He says this while using his laser pointer that he explained is not for this but to entertain his two cats, the lifestyles of the old and boring.

10:32-Anita tells me there is some HUGE announcement on American Idol tonight. The following is a real conversation between OnStar and a customer...

Anita:ok, is it wrong that I am VERY. EXCITED. about the big announcement on American Idol tonight?
Because... I kind of am.

S.Rollins: there's a big announcement?

Anita: Ryan said so.

S.Rollins: uh ok is it going to be who's eliminated this week?

Anita: No, because he said it on Tuesday, before anyone sang

S.Rollins: true, but they eliminate everyone on thursday anyways right?

Anita: well yes, but...
"he promises us a "very big announcement -- one of the most important events in 'Idol' history" -- during Thursday's results show."
That is not: someone is voted off in the results show.
S.Rollins: Kelly Clarkson strips?

Brenda: ... I hate you.

S.Rollins: that or it is just the elimination and he's learned how to sell from pro wrestling commentators

S.Rollins: maybe seacrest comes out of the closet?

Anita: HATE.

S.Rollins: I don't know, I'm throwing possibilities out there

Anita: we're wondering if A. they decided not to keep 6 guys and 6 girls but just keep the top 12, which would kill off more boys at this point
There could be some sort of wildcard thing

S.Rollins: could be a gladiator arena fight to the death too

Anita: you can't come over tonight :(

10:40-I am going to see if any Public Leagues are having a draft this afternoon during this meeting. If so I may just sit here and do a Fantasy Baseball draft, I apparently have the time to do so.

10:45-I'm not gonna talk about the flow chart the resembles a map for a labrynth, I am doing a fantasy draft in a public league this afternoon. Right now it's myself and one other team, so I have a fifty fifty shot of winning.

11:02-Oh joy, we've reached the old war stories of the day. I don't care about some elderly housing or low income housing on a former munitions plant.

11:10-A small courtesy chuckle from the room, did someone say something funny? If so I missed it. I must be too busy with GChat and reading Green Arrow:Quiver.

The battery is about to die and I didn't bring the cord with me. Will continue the live blogging after lunch when I grab the cord.l

No comments: