Wednesday, March 21, 2007

They Year That Was 27

With the impending event of my birthday tomorrow I figured I'd review a few things that happened to me in my 27th year, one that ranks as one of if not the top year in my life. I've had a generally good life, but this past year went above and beyond of what it had to do. I don't know if another year could top it, but the year 29 is looking to be the most life changing at least.

We begun the year with a Wrestlemania that pissed many of us off who were watching it. Here comes HHH, dressed as Conan The Barbarian in one of the most kick ass entrances ever. I mark out huge when CM Punk is one of Cena's "gangsters". The match itself pissed us right off, you have Cena making HHH tap out? Can you not hear everyone booing Cena, how much longer are you going to stuff him down our throats? I mean come on, this match would have made the entire wrestling community happy and you shit all over us and have continued to do so and will likely do so again this year.

In April I got to see my sister get married at a lovely ceremony near the ocean in California. The true story of the day was likely my leaving during the reception and putting my kilt on to much praise. Of course the kilt received much praise from many all year long, especially at kickball where I have been known to where it on a regular basis.

Ah yes, kickball, the place where I have slowly and surely taken over. It began with becoming the DJ so that the DJ could play beer pong, this of course lead to a job there at KIT which I still do from time to time. It then continued with my writing of an editorial each week for the Ghost Man on Third newsletter that kickball puts out. It becomes the sensation of the entire division for its controversial stance on your musical taste and selection which of course I disapprove of.

From there I entered into the world of professional wrestling. It began with a stint as ring announcer and from there entered into the world of commentary and now commentary, ring announcing, time keeper...all at the same time. Yes, I am a man of many talents and I multitask better then Windows Vista. It has been a true joy to enter into the business I have so much passion for. I owe Hollywood Hamilton a great deal for giving me a chance to contribute.

The summer came and went with trips to the beach, the lake, kickball, baseball games and lord knows what else. It was an enjoyable summer as I jumped back and forth between various people as I attempted to date people and find someone who really fit me. I dated a few really nice ladies, but just not right for me. Of course I would pour out my soul on other posts wondering where is mine, but this was merely a way of getting it out of me and I was fine the next day. I don't care if it sprang up a week later, I was fine for that week. Of course I had no idea what was in store for me in August.

In August I met the love of my life, the gorgeous, brilliant, mad hot, sexy to boot, genius that is Anita. Of course she's a genius for choosing me, but then again she does quite well in the academic field as well. My life has never been happier during our time together and it's only going to get better. I plan on making this woman my wife and she knows it and for some reason isn't running away yet. She gets along with my friends, family and most importantly my brain and heart. Each day I love her more then the day before, I just don't hope this leads to explosion which could be messy for everyone.

The rest of the year flew by because I was with the woman I loved and we enjoyed so much together. Halloween, going to my first Browns game, Thanksgiving with her folks Christmas with mine. I spent New Years Eve with someone I wanted to spend time with it with. She's supported me in every venture I've taken on, even comes to the wrestling shows to watch. Don't be surprised if this time next year I'm talking about certain...preparations.

27 was a great year, 28 will start off great with someone who is treating my birthday like it is a special occasion. I really haven't had that since my surprise party in Germany in 2001. Each and every day will get better, even if someone is running off to Houston for 12 weeks and I won't have her to sleep next to. Means I have to distract myself with wrestling, kickball, softball and many other ways...but nothing will make me forget who I love and who I'm faithful to.

You can't help getting older, but you don't have to get old.-George Burns

2 comments:

Mike said...

Good to hear. 27 was a good year for me, too. Maybe the best, now that I think about it.

Anonymous said...

This is the sweetest thing I think I have read to date. Im so very happy for you and her.